Serving as the current county seat for Ventura County, the city of Ventura rests on the Central Coast of California. Over the years, the city has garnered attention for being one of America’s most desirable places to live due to its phenomenal climate, friendly people, and beautiful coastline. These factors and more have attracted many seniors and retirees from all over, which can be seen through their demographics as persons aged 60 and older comprise of 18.05 percent of the county’s total population.
Many residents in Ventura County do not have an established comprehensive estate plan, despite the fact that a large portion of the population is over the age of 50. Everyone, no matter their age, should have a comprehensive, customized estate plan to fit their needs. If not, the decedent’s family or loved ones will be legally required to go through an intensive and public process known as probate—which can result in exorbitant statutory fees. Avoidance of probate is possible with the right estate planning instruments. To learn more, speak to a qualified Ventura estate planning lawyer today at Botti & Morison Estate Planning Attorneys, Ltd..
Ventura Estate Planning Lawyer, CA | Trusts, Wills, and Probate
The attorneys at Botti & Morison Estate Planning Attorneys, Ltd. have over 60 years of collective experience by completing thousands of tailor-made estate plans for interested clients. They can assist you or your family in any estate planning matter ranging from asset preservation and protection from Medi-Cal recovery to developing a customized integrated estate plan designed to protect the family’s wealth to litigating a trust or probate dispute. No issue or dispute is too complex or foreign for our legal team. Get your affairs in order today by calling our office to set up your first consultation.
You can reach our office by calling us at (877) 585-1885 or submit an online contact form to schedule your initial consultation. Botti & Morison Estate Planning Attorneys, Ltd. has an office in the city of Ventura, but accepts clients throughout Ventura County including Oxnard, Camarillo, Thousand Oaks, Simi Valley, Ojai, Moorpark, and Santa Paula.
We also have other locations throughout the State of California including Valencia, Santa Barbara, Bakersfield, San Luis Obispo, and Westlake Village.
- What is the Role of an Estate Planning Attorney?
- Ventura California Estate Planning Resources
- California Estate Planning Resources
What is the Role of an Estate Planning Attorney?
Estate planning attorneys focus on issues related to wills, probate, trusts, and craft tailored estate plans for interested clients. These documents tend to be complicated and require knowledge of a multitude of complex laws in order to be compliant with the State. A skilled and experienced estate planning Ventura lawyer will assess the needs of their clients and can produce an integrated, customized estate plan that is specific to that person.
The role of an estate planning lawyer will depend on an individual’s situation. Listed below is a general overview of the different duties an estate planning attorney may complete for a client.
- Craft a Customized Estate Plan – Some Californians may opt to a website service in order to craft their will or other important estate planning documents. While this is certainly a cheaper option, it’s important to know these services do not take into account an individual’s specific financial situation or needs. With the assistance of a trusted Ventura estate planning lawyer, individuals and families can collaborate closely throughout the whole process to produce a personalized integrated estate plan that will fit their specialized needs such as having a charitable remainder or special needs trust.
- Advanced Estate Planning – Those with high-net worth estates and changing family dynamics may require a multi-layered approach to their estate planning in order to protect and distribute assets. An advanced estate planning Ventura lawyer can offer greater asset protection and ensure the client’s generational wealth is preserved by utilizing various advanced estate planning instruments. Some of these may include irrevocable list insurance trusts, IRA inheritance trusts, grantor retained trusts, and using private annuities to transfer assets without gift/estate taxes.
- Update or Modify an Estate Plan – Individuals and families are always encouraged to update their estate plans every five or so years or after any major life event. A Ventura trust and wills lawyer will also offer estate plan reviews to ensure everything is in order and fits the client’s needs. They may even implement new estate planning tools that could prove to be beneficial to the individual or their family in the future.
- Administration of Probate Estate / Trust Administration – Administration of one’s estate, whether it’s through probate or as a trustee, can be an incredibly time-consuming and confusing process. A skilled Ventura estate administration lawyer can assist throughout every step of the process by valuing, identifying, managing, and then distributing assets according to the wishes of the decedent.
- Elder Care Planning – Unfortunately, long-term care and end-of-life care is commonly overlooked in individual’s estate plans. This vital error has caused many individuals and elderly couples to be financially destitute in their golden years due to the high costs of nursing homes and assisted care facilities. With the right long term care estate planning Ventura lawyer, this nightmare scenario can be avoided entirely. A skilled elder law attorney will utilize various long-term care estate planning instruments to ensure their client has the finances needed to fund any potential long-term care. Some of these tools include spending down/gifting to meet Med-Cal requirements or assessing eligibility for Aid and Attendance benefits.
Ventura California Estate Planning Resources
Ventura County Probate Court – Visit the official website for the Superior Court of California for Ventura County to learn more about their probate services. Access the site to learn more about the probate process, how to schedule an appointment with the Clerk’s office, remote appearances in regard to probate matters, and links to important forms you may need.
Cost of Probate in Ventura County – Visit the official website for the Ventura County courts to learn more about the various required civil fees for probate. Access the site to total up the overall estimated cost throughout the probate process, what code section that outlines this civil fee, and other important information.
Ventura County Probate Court FAQ – If you have burning questions about the probate estate administration or litigation process, we suggest you access this FAQ page provided by the Ventura County Courts. Access the FAQ for answers to commonly asked probate questions such as how long probate takes or what estate planning documents can be utilizes to avoid probate.
Area Agency on Aging | Ventura County – Visit the official website for the Ventura County Area Agency on Aging, a local agency that carries out a wide range of functions for Ventura County seniors. Access their site to peruse their various resources for long-term care including caregiver services, their aging and disability resource center, nursing facilities services, and other important information that may prove useful.
Ventura County Human Services Agency – Visit the official website for the Human Services Agency in Ventura County, which offers various governmental services for Ventura County residents. Access the site to learn more about their Adult Protective Services, Medi-Cal, and services for veterans, among other important self-help links.
California Estate Planning Resources
Probate Code | California Statutes – Visit the official website for California’s Legislative Information to learn more about the State’s laws for probate. Access the site to learn more about the statutes related to trusts, powers of attorney, health care decisions, nonprobate transfers, intestate succession, among other important information about probate.
California Courts | Wills, Estates, & Probate – Visit the official website for California Courts to learn about the various ways an estate can be transferred after someone dies. Access the site to learn more about what probate is step-by-step, how to find out who the estate representative is, and answers to your frequently asked questions regarding estates & probate.
Senior Scams Alert | Financial Protection Guide – Visit the official website for the California Advocates for Nursing Home Reform to read their preventative guide on commonly used scams that targets seniors. Access the site to learn more about investment scams, prize lottery scams, tips on how to spot a scam, and ways to protect your home equity.
Medi-Cal | California.Gov – Visit the official website for the California Department of Health Care Services to learn more about the State’s Medi-Cal program. Access the site to use their learning portal, subscription service, and peruse their long list of Medi-Cal providers.
Ventura Trusts and Probate Attorneys | Ventura County, California
At Botti & Morison Estate Planning Attorneys, Ltd., our clients are our number one priority. Both Chris Botti and Paul Morison are passionate about improving the lives of their clients by providing excellent estate planning services designed to preserve their family’s legacy. They assist individuals and families in all aspects of estate planning including crafting customized estate plans, trust or probate administration/litigation, advanced estate planning, and incorporating long-term care or elder law services in their client’s estate plan. To get started, call Botti & Morison Estate Planning Attorneys, Ltd. today.
Call Botti & Morison Estate Planning Attorneys, Ltd. at (877) 585-1885 or submit an online contact form to schedule your first consultation with our legal team. Botti & Morison Estate Planning Attorneys, Ltd. has offices in Ventura as well as Valencia, Bakersfield, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, and Westlake Village.